Wide, Open Space Dedicated to the Aerospace Industries of the Future!
The Oklahoma Spaceport
Ready to Meet Your Needs Today!
The Oklahoma Spaceport Specializes in horizontal take-off and landing for Reusable Launch Vehicles (RLVs). The Oklahoma Spaceport received its Launch Site Operators License from the Federal Aviation Administration's Office of Commercial Space Transportation (AST) on June 12, 2006, becoming only the sixth recipient to receive a Launch Site Operators License from AST. The Oklahoma Spaceport became the first inland spaceport to establish a flight corridor for space operations in the national airspace system clear of military operating areas or restricted airspace. This arrangement means that space vehicles will not need military permission to operate because the spaceport will have its own airspace.
This information is published by the FAA, Office of Commercial Space Transportation in their 2009 U.S. Commercial Space Transportation Developments and Concepts: Vehicles, Technologies, and Spaceports Report which is produced annually.
- Providing opportunities for space-related business in Oklahoma
- Promoting math and science education supporting the space technology of the future
- Growing commercial development of the former Clinton-Sherman Airpark
- Current test and evaluation location for Armadillo Aerospace http://www.armadilloaerospace.com/n.x/Armadillo/Home
The Oklahoma Spaceport offers fully operational facilities:
2700 acre facility centrally located on major East/West and North/South thoroughfares Interstate Highways I-35 and I-40
One of the longest runways in North America, 13,503’ x 300’ concrete runway with additional 1,000’ over-runs
- Precision and Non Precision Approaches
- Unobstructed and non-congested airspace
96 acres of parking ramp able to support large commercial aircraft
Favorable climate for flight testing operations
Quick-turn refueling capabilities for military aircraft
- Fixed Base Operator (FBO)
- DOD contract fuel service
Crash and Rescue Units on site
Six commercial aircraft hangars available at favorable rates
50,000 square foot manufacturing facility with loading docks adjacent to main line rail spur
Large number of building sites available
On-site Golf Course
Tech Center on-site